Monday, September 6, 2010

Comparing the fashions of similar period: Charlottetown, PEI and New Bern, NC

New Bern today


Charlottetown, PEI in July 

We were driving down the block today when my sister called out, "There are some reenactors."   So, of course I put on the brakes and grabbed my camera to jump out of the car.  The hard thing about reenactors is that you have to catch them when and where you can. They aren't too fond of posing, because they are suppose to be "in the mode".  That is why I usually can only get the shots as they are walking away from me. Here, the lady in red kept my eyes riveted to her.  It is amazing the effect that color has on me.  It is my sense that Maud was affected by colors in the same way.

As to the purpose of the post--comparing the fashions between Charlottetown and New Bern (and I'm taking a wild guess that the comparions of the photos would be about the same time period)--I do note some subtle differences, especially in the ladie's head wear.

No comments: