Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lucy Maud and Bayard: My two mentors at opposite ends of the pole

1941

July 8, 1941
"Oh God, such an end to life.  Such suffering and wretchedness".
The Selected Journals of LM Montgomery, Vol. V., Rubio & Waterston

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bayard Wootten:  1875- 1959

"I have always been chasing something, but one of the surprises that life as held for me is that I am happier as an old woman than I ever was as a young one.  Perhaps the reason for this is that I realize now it does not matter whether we arrive. The joy is in the going."  

"Light and Air: The Photography of Bayard Wootten" , Jerry W. Cotten, p. 92

Louisiana House, New Bern, North Carolina

Bayard Wootten Photograph
____________________________________________________

No comments: