Friday, July 23, 2010

Lower Bedeque

Confederation Bridge - exit or entrance to PEI


LMM Landmarks, Schoolhouse - Lower Bedeque

The PEI policy of getting on the Island free of charge, but having to pay to GET OFF kept me pretty baffled.  What happens if you run out of money while on the Island?  Do they set you up a cot, or do they let you off the Island, but not before making you sign a promissory note?

Since I had taken the Wood Island Ferry to get over to the Island (that was a sight to see coming up to the Island at Twilight)  it was yet the more expensive mode to take an exit.  So,  I decided to take the Confederation Bridge back to New Brunswick thereby saving myself $17.50. The LMM landmarks in Bedeque had to be foregone on the fast Week That Was, but I made a mental decision that if I saw a road sign indicating the Bedeque location then I would stop there on my way through to the bridge.

The Bedeque stop-over was obviously meant to be, for their before me was the sign, Bedeque,  just before coming up to the bridge.

No comments: