Saturday, July 10, 2010

Heading for Maud's Island....

Dalvay by the Sea

Tomorrow I will be boarding a plane which will head me Northward to Prince Edward Island.

Tomorrow night, I will be staying in Halifax, Nova Scotia, where Maud spent an independent year of her young life while writing for the Halifax newspaper, The Echo.  On my return to Halifax on Saturday, I will spend a little time taking a look at Dalhousie University where Maud attended, just to see if I can get a feel of what Maud saw with her eyes while she was there.

On Tuesday night, we will be attending Mike and Leo's musical, "Nine Lives of LM Montgomery".  We are looking forward to that!!

On Wednesday, we will be heading to Cavendish, with a stop off at Tryon, PEI to visit with the people at the Museum there.  Tryon, PEI is named for our former Colonial Governor, William Tryon.  Tryon spent taxpayer money here in North Carolina to build a lavish mansion, then decided he didn't like the climate so he deserted the place and headed North to become Governor of New York.

Sometime on Wednesday or Thursday, we will take a trip for high tea to the Dalvay.  The Dalvay Resort was featured in Sullivan's "Anne of Green Gables" movie series.  (I can't remember where or when but I believe it is featured in Anne I.)

On Saturday, I will head back towards Nova Scotia for a little touring of the Southern Shore and some photographic opportunities of Peggy's Cove at sunset, and also to savor the delicious (so I hear) gingerbread at the Sou'wester Restaurant.

Look for some photos upon my return!!

No comments: