Thursday, July 15, 2010

Whispers from Maud at the Shore and the Haunted Wood-Photos of Park Corner

I am feeling a bit of Maud in whispers from the Sea on the Cavendish shore.

Anne of Green Gables has become a commercialized Santa Claus.  Anne is a moneymaker and a means of livelihood for the Island.  The MacNeill homestead is the one place that maintains integrity of Maud's purest intentions in her writings of home life and of the Island.  That is so nice to see for Maud's sake. I felt something eerie a couple of times at the Haunted Wood, but more on that later.

The seaside evening here is supernatural.  The landscape is beautiful, but no more beautiful to me than my own home by the Sea in North Carolina.  But, the sea is different here!  And our evening on the shore after last night's rain made me think of the Mists Of Avalon.  The sea and sky were fused with the hues of a silvery aqua pearl-essence and the result was supernatural.

Here are a some photos for the moment, lots more to come.

Highlights of the trip so far, Nine Lives of LM Montgomery and a vision of newborn mists on the sea after rain.



Park Corner


Me taking a picture of myself in Maud's Mirror (from Macneill Homestead) at Park Corner.



The SPOT, where Maud and Ewan were married in 1911.

My first glimpse of PEI from the Ferry.

No comments: